For the Greek family, mealtimes are where everything comes together—loud conversation, great healthy food and a time of togetherness that makes the family strong. I remember my mother spending hours in the kitchen preparing delicious meals made from the best and freshest ingredients. Although my life is extremely busy, I could never sacrifice this important part of my family time. This site contains a collection of delicious, healthy recipes that can be prepared quickly and easily and enjoyed as a family. I hope the combination of fresh ingredients and Petrou Foods products will satisfy and delight your family as much as it does mine. We’ll be adding a new video and recipe every couple of weeks, so be sure to check back often. Enjoy! And remember, “Let your food be your medicine!” (Hippocrates)
Portabella Bruschetta with Fig Balsalmic Reduction
Prep time 20 minutes
1 tbls organic butter
1-2 tbls Petrou garlic infused olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2-3 large portabella mushroom caps
1 french baguette
Petrou Dip Olive Oil
1/2 cup Petrou Fig infused balsalmic vinegar
1 tblsp sugar
1. Slice mushroom caps and sautee with butter, garlic and garlic infused oil. Dash of salt to taste. Cook until tender, not soft.
2. Slice baguette thin and broil in oven until lightly toasted.
3. In a small sauce pan, heat fig infused balsalmic over medium heat and add sugar. Reduce by 1/3 until consistency is like molasses.
4. Slice manouri thin.
5. Top toasted baguette with mushrooms and sprinkle with Dip Olive Oil.
6. Top with manouri and drizzle with Fig Balsalmic reduction.
7. Broil in oven until cheese is softened
(about 30 seconds)